Become a Community Volunteer
Here at B&M Care, we pride ourselves on inspiring and empowering people to be the change they want to see, and with this comes a vision that gives everyone an opportunity to promote positive social action in their local community.
B&M Care’s community volunteer strategy promotes interventions that address the challenges and opportunities of an ageing society; a critical way of bonding communities, fostering inclusion, and championing volunteering in all its forms.
To meet these challenges and opportunities, the addition of a volunteer in a B&M Care Home sets out three strategic aims:
- To support a home with facilitating companionship, engagement and wellbeing
- To instil relational skills and aptitudes in those volunteering
- To make a difference on a flexible basis
B&M Care recognises that the current crisis has presented us with the opportunity to support one another in a number of different ways, and through volunteering, you can make a big difference from just a little of your time.
COVID-19 Safety Guidance
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and as a resource to use as each B&M Care Home continues to navigate through a new normal, each volunteer is given dedicated COVID-19 Safety Guidance, as well as an induction from a nominated ‘Rainbow Champion’.
In line with B&M Care’s COVID-19 policy, all staff, including volunteers, will be asked to:
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE), including a face mask and apron
- Sanitise hands throughout the home
- Maintain social distancing – two metres – in corridors and communal areas, where possible
To request an information or application pack, please email Ruth Webster on firstname.lastname@example.org.