B&M Care is delighted to announce that The Lodge Care Home in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire has been rated overall ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The home achieved ‘Good’ in two key lines of enquiry – Safe & Well-Led – following an inspection carried out in February 2022. The home has retained ‘Good’ in the three remaining key lines of enquiry – Caring, Effective & Responsive – from a previous inspection.
During the inspection, CQC found the home to promote a positive culture that is safe and responsive with a clear and demonstrable management structure.
Further findings included:
- Residents felt safe in the home and told CQC they were safe because staff looked after them well. Relatives also said that they felt their loved ones were safe and looked after.
- Training is up-to-date with staff being able to clearly demonstrate their knowledge about how to keep individuals safe.
- Electronic care plans were up-to-date.
- Covid-19 and infection prevention and control was being upheld. Staff knew how to reduce the risk of transmission and work safely in relation to Covid-19. CQC was assured that the home was preventing visitors from catching and spreading infections, inclusive of Covid-19.
- Residents said they were happy with how the home is managed. Relatives told CQC that staff and the home’s management team were approachable and they felt confident in raising concerns or providing feedback about the service.
- The home was found to lead a positive culture that is person-centred, open and inclusive.
“I am delighted that the CQC found our services to be good,” said The Lodge Care Home Manager, Lisa Pinner.
“The report is testament to the values, commitments and standard of my team. It is reassuring to those using our services and to those considering The Lodge for their loved one that, despite the unprecedented challenges the social care sector has observed, our dedicated staff have continued to work tirelessly to keep people safe.”
The full CQC Report is available to read via The Lodge Care Home’s page.