B&M Care is delighted to announce that White Plains Care Home in Denham, Buckinghamshire has been rated overall Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The home achieved Outstanding in ‘caring’ and ‘responsive’ services, and Good for being ‘safe’, ‘effective’, and ‘well-led’ following an inspection carried out in March 2019.
During the inspection, CQC found the home to provide exceptional care practice and was very responsive to meeting individual’s needs, wishes and personal preferences.
Further findings included:
- The home placed considerable importance upon staff taking time to build and maintain compassionate relationships with residents, their relatives and friends.
- All staff demonstrated exceptional knowledge about an individual’s needs, background and preferences, and “went out of their way” to promote diversity and inclusion.
- Staff evidenced that an individual’s age or capacity did not prevent them from achieving their wishes; a great deal of thought and planning was demonstrated to create purpose to enhance a person’s emotional wellbeing.
- People were offered a wide-range of innovative activities which looked to developing an individual’s social & cultural interests.
- Care Staff and Engagement Lead consistently used their knowledge of an individual’s personal history to provide meaningful occupation.
“The award of Outstanding reflects the values that my team and I strive to uphold to ensure that every resident (and their family) feels that White Plains is as close to being in their own home as possible – and that an individual’s experience within the home is what I would want for myself and my own relatives,” commented White Plains Home Manager, Philomena Byrne.
She continued: “I have high standards and these pervade every aspect of the service we provide. The success of the home wouldn’t have been possible without the support of the excellent team of staff who are committed to continuous improvement.”
White Plains is B&M Care’s second care home to achieve an overall Outstanding rating following Tremona in Watford who celebrated the same achievement in March 2019.
To read the full inspection report, please visit: https://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-120671505