The Radley Care Home
Manager: Fiona Brown
What People Say
"The Radley is a FANTASTIC facility - a proactive environment with great staff." Daughter of Resident
- About The Radley
- Meet The Care Team
- Facilities at The Radley
- Activities at The Radley
- Social Media
The Radley is a purpose-built care home located on the old MGM-British Studios site in Borehamwood. The home is within easy reach of local amenities and Elstree's BBC Television Studios.
The Care We Offer
The Radley Care Home provides care for elderly residents. We offer several types of stay depending on the level of support required - from long-term residential care to short stay and respite breaks.
- Fully inclusive, 24hr person centred care by experienced staff
- Long-term residential care for older people
- Short stay, respite and holiday breaks subject to availability
- The Radley is a purpose built 37 bed residential care home, designed over 2 floors.
- Bedrooms: All rooms are offered as single en-suite and all of the rooms may be personalised.
- Dining: All dining and refreshments are fully inclusive. Residents may take meals in a choice of dining areas or if they wish, in the privacy of their own room. Our skilled chef prepares an extensive range of appetising home cooked meals, taking into account nutritional balances and any specific dietary requirements or individual preferences. There is always a choice of menu with refreshments and snacks available 24hrs.
- Fully inclusive activities and entertainment programme
- Fully inclusive in-house laundry
- Call bell systems throughout for assistance at any time
- Assisted bath and shower rooms
- TV & telephone points available in all bedrooms
- Hair salon
- Easy to access private gardens, patios and courtyards
- Choice of lounges for residents and visitors
- Activities Suite
- Mobile library visits
- Residents shop
- GP, nurse, optician, chiropodist, dentist by arrangement
- Ample visitor parking
- The Radley car for trips out
Life at The Radley Care Home is very much home from home and an active lifestyle is encouraged, with friends and relatives always welcome. Activities and lifestyle facilitators arrange a varied social calendar of activities and entertainment. With a focus on one to one activities, they ensure that each of the residents engage in meaningful occupation tailored to who they are.
Below is a sample of some of the typical activities that happen at The Radley Care Home that fit alongside their many events. This balanced programme of activities covers communication, creative, cognitive, music, physical, recreation, relaxation, reminiscence, sensory, social and spiritual.
- Visiting parties: chocolate, clothes, jewellery, cards, shoes, beauty products
- Armchair exercises and musical reminiscence
- Tea parties, coffee mornings and lunch clubs
- Ladies Hour and Mens Hour groups
- Multi-denominational church services
- Daily Newspapers
- Pampering mornings
- Arts & Crafts
- PAT dog visits
- Games, quizzes and word games
- Family games
- Family dining nights
- Cooking and baking groups
- Exercise to music
- Tea dance
- Short stories and poetry
- Sing-a-long Old Time Music Hall
- Links with local community
- The Radley car for trips out