The Chadwick Care Home
- About The Chadwick
- Meet the Care Team
- Facilities at The Chadwick
- Activities at The Chadwick
- Social Media
Nestled in the heart of Hoddesdon, The Chadwick is an impressive development that neighbours the idyllic Rye Park. The home enjoys an elegant purpose-built design, a selection of open plan living areas, and a stimulating lifestyle programme.
The Care We Offer
The Chadwick Care Home provides care for elderly residents. We offer several types of stay depending on the level of support required - from long-term residential care to short stay and respite breaks. The home has two environments for residents depending on the level of care required. The second floor provides residential care whilst the ground and first floors are safe, comfortable environments that specialise in the care of older people living with a dementia.
- Fully inclusive, 24hr person centred care by experienced staff
- Long-term residential care for older people
- Long-term specialist accredited dementia care in safe, comfortable environments
- Short stay, respite and holiday breaks subject to availability
The Chadwick has a select team of experienced staff, who have relevant and appropriate training to meet the needs of the residents. B&M Care has one of the most envied staff training programmes in the industry. We provide high ratios of staff both day and night. The emphasis of our care delivery is on individually planned person centred care, which builds upon a person's strengths and constantly seeks to improve their quality of life. Freedom and privacy are respectfully maintained, yet help is always on hand.
Life at The Chadwick Care Home is very much home from home and an active lifestyle is encouraged, with friends and relatives always welcome. An activities and lifestyle facilitator arranges a varied social calendar of activities and entertainment. With a focus on one to one activities, they ensure that each of the residents engage in meaningful occupation tailored to who they are.
Below is a sample of some of the typical activities at The Chadwick Care Home that fit alongside our many events. This balanced programme of activities covers communication, creative, cognitive, music, physical, recreation, relaxation, reminiscence, sensory, social and spiritual.
- Parties: chocolate, clothes, jewellery, cards, shoes, beauty products
- Armchair exercises and musical reminiscence
- Tea parties, coffee mornings and lunch parties
- Ladies Hour and Mens Hour groups - based on a different theme each week
- Multi-denominational church services
- Daily Newspapers
- Pampering mornings
- Exercise to music
- Sing-a-long events
- Mobile library visits
- PAT dog visits
- Arts & Crafts
- Gardening Club
- Family games
- Family dining events
- Cooking clubs
- Home shop
- Board games, word games and quizzes
- The Chadwick car for trips out